The Success of Open Source & The Open Source Way
In Chapter 3 of Stephen Weber's The Success of Open Source,
there was a listing of eight "General Principles" contained within the
chapter. Last week, we discussed in class the five pillars of "The Open
- What are the titles of each Pillar?
- What are the titles of each General Principle?
- What are the similarities between Weber's eight principles, and the five pillars?
- What are the differences?
- Bonus: Who's "keen analysis" did Weber "Draw Heavily" upon?"
- Double-Bonus: What was the title of this "keen analysis." (Hint: Weber
hinted at the title when he was talking about Cathedrals earlier in the
- Triple-Bonus: Where can this keen analysis be found? (Answer in URL form, i.e.
Q: How do I quiz?
A: 3 Steps:
- Create a blog post that includes each question, with the answer to each question below it, on your HFOSS Blog you set up in First Flight.
- Add a line to the bottom of your .yaml file you edited in first flight, with the link to your post.
- Send decause a pull request. Once your pull-request is accepted, you have completed the quiz.